I level Diploma VIOLIN
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least three music pieces chosen among:
– R. Kreutzer, P. Rode, J. Dont op 35, P. Gaviniés, F. Fiorillo
– one or more movements from Sonate or Partite by J. S Bach
2) At least 15 minutes performance of one music piece, with piano accompaniment or orchestra (piano reduction), or for violin solo.
3) Performance of a scale and arpeggio on three octaves, with free and legato bowing, chosen between G major, A major and B flat major; double-stops scales on two octaves, on thirds and octaves, chosen between G major, A major and B flat major.
4) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.