I level Diploma VIOLIN
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least three music pieces (by at least two different authors) chosen among:
– R. Kreutzer, P. Rode, J. Dont op 35, P. Gaviniés, F. Fiorillo
– one or more movements from Sonate or Partite by J. S. Bach
2) At least 15 minutes performance of one music piece, with piano accompaniment or orchestra (piano reduction), or for violin solo.
3) Performance of a scale and arpeggio on three octaves, with free and legato bowing, chosen by the commission; double-stops scale on two octaves, on thirds and octaves, chosen by the commission between G major, A major and B flat major.
4) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.