I level Diploma VIOLA da GAMBA
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) 20 minutes muisc program performance chosen by the candidate including one music piece from each of the following groups:
– one piece for division viol (C. Simpson)
– one piece for lyra viol (T. Hume)
– one diminished madrigale for viola bastarda
– three movements from a suite francese for viola da gamba and basso continuo
– one easy German sonata (Abel, Telemann, Richmann)
2) Sight-reading of an easy piece with 2 accidentals chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.