I level Diploma JAZZ TRUMPET
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played with a piano/guitar accompaniment or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • All the Things You Are • Autumn Leaves • Billie’s Bounce • Blue Bossa • Blue Monk • Birk’s Works • I Mean You • Lady Bird • My Funny Valentine • Satin Doll • Scrapple From The Apple • Solar • So What • Stella by Starlight • Straight No Chaser • Take the “A” Train • Tenor Madness • Well You Needn’t • What Is This Thing Called Love?
The candidate shall be able to perform on the aforementioned pieces a simple theme interpretation and a modal improvisation on the chords.
2) Performance and improvisation on a Standard chosen by the candidate and improvisation on a chord or on a scale chosen by the commision.
3) Sight-reading of a short piece from The Real Book or similar collections
4) Performance of two major and minor scales, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission, on all the instrument range.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
A basic knowledge of the piano is also requested. It will be verified by the performance of an easy chord progression or the performance of a blues theme or similar, played with right hand while playing an easy accompaniment with left hand.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL JAZZ TRUMPET enrolled from a.a. 2021/22