I level Diploma SAXOPHONE
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of three music pieces chosen by the candidate (one for each collection) and selected from:
– Ferling – Mule, 48 études (only odd numbers)
– G. Senon, 16 Etudes rythmo-techniques
– Berbiguier-Mule, 18 études
2) At least 15 minutes performance of one or more pieces chosen by the candidate and selected from saxophone and piano, saxophone and orchestra (sax and piano reduction) or saxophone solo repertoire within the following collections or within others of equal difficulty level:
P. Bonneau, Suite – A. Jolivet, Fantaisie-Impromptu – D. Milhaud, Scaramouche – J. Françaix, Cinq Danses Exotiques – H. Sauguet, Sonatine Bucolique – P. Hindemith, Sonata (with final variation on IV Tempo) – R. Noda, Improvisation I, o II, o III – R. Noda, Mai – C. Debussy, Syrinx (transcription J.M. Londeix) – J.S. Bach, Suite I o III (revision J.M. Londeix).
3) Performance of major and minor scales, arpeggios on all tonalities and 7th dominant and diminished arpeggios.
4) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.