I level Diploma PIANO
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least 3 etudes with different techniques among the following: C. Czerny, op.740 – J. B. Cramer, 60 studi – M. Clementi (gradus ad Parnassum) – I. Moscheles – F. Mendelssohn – J. C. Kessler – F. Chopin – F. Liszt – A. Scriabin – C. Debussy – S. Rachmaninoff – S. Prokofieff.
2) Performance of a music program including:
– one essential composition by Bach and one preludio e fuga from Clavicembalo ben temperato
– one sonata among the following: M. Clementi – F. J. Haydn – W. A. Mozart – L. van Beethoven – F. Schubert
– one or more pieces, with a minimum of 15 minutes, from 19th and 20th-century repertoire
3) Sight-reading of a piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.