I level Diploma JAZZ PIANO
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played in trio or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • All the Things You Are • Autumn Leaves • Billie’s Bounce • Blue Bossa • Blue Monk • Birk’s Works • I Mean You • Lady Bird • My Funny Valentine • Satin Doll • Scrapple From The Apple • Solar • So What • Stella by Starlight • Straight No Chaser • Take the “A” Train • Tenor Madness • Well You Needn’t • What Is This Thing Called Love?
2) Performance and improvisation on a Standard chosen by the candidate for piano solo.
3) Sight-reading of an short piece with melody and harmonized chords.
4) Forward and backward performance of a major scale and its melodic and harmonic minors on 4 otctaves, third and sixht intervals and arpeggios on two otctaves.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.