I level Diploma TRAVERSO FLUTE
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least three music pieces chosen by the candidate for Traverso (solo) with different technical features and selected from:
– G.P. Telemann, 12 Fantasie per Flauto traverso solo
– J. J. Quantz, Capricen, Fantasien und Anfangsstücke per Flauto traverso solo
– J. D. Braun, Brani per Flauto traverso solo
2) 15 minutes performance of at least two substantial compositions, with different styles, selected from the 1700s repertoire for Traverso
3) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL TRAVERSO enrolled from a.a. 2021/22