I level Diploma BASSOON
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least three music pieces chosen by the candidate and selected from:
– E. Krakamp, 30 studi caratteristici
– L. Milde, Studi da concerto op. 26, I parte
2) At least 15 minutes performance of one or more pieces (single movements too) chosen by the candidate and selected from bassoon and piano, bassoon and orchestra or bassoon solo repertoire.
3) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
4) Reed preparation test
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.