I level Diploma CHOIR CONDUCTING
Test 1 checks candidate’s skills in the context of conducting. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Three written examination in seclusion with a maximum of 10 hours duration:
a. 4-parts harmonization of an imitation bass chosen by the commission, or composition of a poliphonic music piece on 3 or 4 voices of a music line chosen by the commission.
b. Composition of a piano accompaniment on a vocal or instrumental melody line.
c. Composition of a piano piece on a given music theme.
2) Presentation of at least one original composition for vocal or instrumental ensemble.
3) Perfomance and conducting of a brief music piece for vocal ensemble.
Test 2 (for Composition, Choir conducting, Orchestra conducting, Instrumentation)
1) Piano sight-reading of a music piece for multiple instruments chosen by the commission
2) Interview over theoretical fundamentals of music composition
Test 2 (Score reading)
1) Performance of a Three part invention by J. S. Bach
2) Performance of a sonata chosen by the candidate among Haydn, Mozart, Clementi and Beethoven op. 49
3) Sight-transposing, maximum one pitch up or down, of an easy piece chosen by the commission.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- Score reading final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- Score reading level B certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- “Licenza di Lettura della partitura” (fourth-year or higher) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution.
Pianist candidates awarded with one of the followings shall perform only test 3) (Sight-transposing):
- “Compimento inferiore di Pianoforte” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- Piano final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- Piano level B certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL CHOIR CONDUCTING enrolled from a.a. 2021/22