I level Diploma HORN
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least three music pieces chosen by the candidate and selected from:
– C. Kopprash, 60 studi op. 6, I parte (all the studies from n. 1 to n. 30)
– F. Bartolini, Metodo per corno, II parte (n. 77, 87, 88, 89, 98, 99 e 100)
– O. Franz, Metodo completo per corno (n. 8 e n. 19)
2) At least 15 minutes performance of one or more pieces with piano accompaniment selected from:
– C. Matys, Romanza e Gondellied op. 15
– F. Strauss, Notturno op. 7
– L. Cherubini, Sonata in Fa Maggiore n. 1
– C. Saint Saens, Romanza op. 36
3) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.