I level Diploma JAZZ DOUBLE BASS
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played with one or more accompanist or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • All Blues • Autumn Leaves • Billie’s Bounce • Blue Bossa • Blue Monk • But not for me • Bye bye blackbird • I’ll remember April • I Mean You • Just friends • My Funny Valentine • Satin Doll • Scrapple From The Apple • So What • Someday my prince will come • Stella by Starlight • Straight No Chaser • Take the “A” Train • Well You Needn’t • What Is This Thing Called Love
The perfomance shall include theme exposition, accompaniment in 2 and 4 beats and a simple solo. English chords notation’s knowledge is requested.
2) Performance of a traditional jazz standard chosen by the candidate for instrument solo. The perfomance shall include theme exposition and a simple solo.
3) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission. The perfomance shall include melody reading and chords notation interpretation. The candidate shall be able to compose and perform “walking bass” lines.
4) Performance of major and minor scales on two octaves.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty with complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short extracts modulations and transposition (one pitch up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
A basic knowledge of the piano is also requested. It will be verified by the performance of an easy chord progression or the performance of a blues theme or similar, played with right hand while playing an easy accompaniment with left hand.