I level Diploma HARPSICHORD and HISTORICAL KEYBOARDS
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) At least 30 minutes performance on a keyboard instrument with a minimum of two pieces chosen among the following groups (at least two pieces shall include specific technical issues):
– J. S. Bach, Preludes from W. Friedemann’s Notebook, Invenzioni e Sinfonie, French Suites, pieces selected from Wohltemperiertes Klavier – Haendel Suites voll. II and III. – Suites by J. Pachelbel, G. Bohm, D. Buxtehude and German contemporaries.
– Virginalist: dances and short variations from Fitzwilliam Virginal Book and similar collections (on the organ too) – J. P. Sweelinck and S. Scheidt, variations and toccatas.
– Scarlatti, medium difficulty sonatas from Essercizi – J. Haydn, W. A. Mozart, J. Ch. Bach, F. Benda, D. Paradisi and contemporaries: sonatas
– G. Frescobaldi: Balletti, Gagliarde, Correnti, Variazioni sopra Follia, Monica and la Frescobalda (on the organ too). Other Italian contemporaries: variations and dances
3) Performance of scales with modern and original fingering (maximum 3 accidentals) and majors and minors arpeggios with different fingerings (maximum 3 accidentals).
4) Sight-reading of a short piece with a maximum of two accidentals.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL HARPSICHORD enrolled from a.a. 2021/22