I level Diploma GUITAR
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least 3 etudes with different techniques chosen among:
– F. Sor, Studi from op. 6 (nn. 3, 6, 11 and 12), op. 29 (nn. 13, 17, 22 and 23), op. 31 (nn. 16, 19, 20 and 21) and op. 35 (n. 16)
– M. Giuliani, Studi op. 111
– N. Coste, 25 studi op. 38
– E. Pujol, etudes from III or IV book from Escuela razonada de la guitarra
– H. Villa-Lobos, etudes
– etudes by modern or contemporary composer
2) At least 15 minutes music program performance including:
– one counter-point style piece from Renaissance or Baroque period or three movements from a 17th or 18th-century suite
– one original composition from 19th-century (Fantasia, Sonata, Tema con variazioni etc.)
– one original composition from 20th-century or a published contemporary composition
3) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL GUITAR enrolled from a.a. 2021/22