I level Diploma JAZZ GUITAR
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played in duo, trio, quartet or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • Autumn Leaves • There Will Never Be Another You • Billie’s Bounce • Blue Bossa • Blue Monk • Lady Bird • Satin Doll • Scrapple From The Apple • I’ve Found A New Baby • Sweet Georgia Brown • Indiana • East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon) • Don’t Get Around Much Anymore • In A Mellow Tone • All Of Me
2) Performance of a standard, harmonized for solo guitar.
3) Sight-reading of a melody on the instrument.
4) Sight-reading of English notation chords.
5) Performance of a major scale on at least seven positions of the fingerboard and triad melodic arpeggios.
6) Intervals’ view on the fingerboard.
7) Knowledge of every note on all guitar postitions.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
A basic knowledge of the piano is also requested. It will be verified by the performance of an easy chord progression or the performance of a blues theme or similar, played with right hand while playing an easy accompaniment with left hand.
• The Charlie Parker Omnibook, Hal Leonard Publishing
• The Real Book vol. 1, 2, 3, 4 Hal Leonard Publishing
• William Leavitt, A Modern Method For Guitar, Voll.1, 2 e 3, Berklee Press
• BERKLEE JAZZ GUITAR CHORD DICTIONARY by Rick Peckham
• Randy Vincent, Three-Note Voicings, Volonté editore
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL JAZZ GUITAR enrolled from a.a. 2021/22