I level Diploma SINGING
Test 1 checks vocal skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of a music program (at least 15 minutes) including one aria from opera repertoire and one music piece from chamber music repertoire (lied, melodia, romanza).
2) Performance of two classical studies chosen among the following collections or others of equal difficulty level:
– G. Concone, 25 lezioni op. 10
– H. Panofka, 24 vocalizzi op. 81
– G. Seidler, L’arte del cantare
3) Performance of one musical piece from sacred music repertoire.
4) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
Test 2 (Theory, rhythmic, music perception)
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B.: candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with a TRPM (Theory, rhythmic and music perception) level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini or by one of its certified partner schools, or if awarded with “Licenza di Solfeggio” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any recognized Institution.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
1) Performance of two studies of difficulty not inferior to Czernyana 1 (from n.25 on), Beyer (from n. 75 on), or chosen from other collections and methods of equal difficulty level.
2) Performance of two pieces, of which one mandatorily by Bach or another Baroque composer (Telemann, Couperin, etc.)