I level Diploma JAZZ SINGING
Test 1 checks vocal skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played in duo or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • Body and soul • Fine and Mellow • Lady is a tramp • Lover man • Lullaby of birdland • My favourite things • Solitude • The man I love • They can’t take that away from me • These foolish things • You do something to me • Georgia in my mind • Satin Doll • Take the A train • You don’t know what love is • Have you met Miss Jones
2) Performance of a Jazz standard chosen by the candidate and its improvisation played in duo or with pre-recorded accompaniment.
3) Sight-singing of a short piece from the Real Book.
4) Technical knowledge verification: forward and backward performance of a major scale, its melodic and harmonic minors, and its arpeggio on an octave.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
- “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
A basic knowledge of the piano is also requested. It will be verified by the performance of an easy chord progression or the performance of a blues theme or similar, played with right hand while playing an easy accompaniment with left hand.
STUDY PLAN I LEVEL JAZZ SINGING enrolled from a.a. 2021/22