This course is designed for pianists who, even though they did not acquire a full mastery of the instrumental skills, wish to develop their musical and professional education directly toward the piano accompaniment of the vocal repertoire, with particular reference to the musical theater field.
For this purpose, the course, besides studying the most representative instrumental repertoire, will focus mainly on the specific piano accompaniment, in particular the lyrical-vocal one.
These goals will also have to be achieved by fostering the development of both the auditory perception and memorization skills, with the acquisition of specific knowledge relating to organizational, compositional and analytical music models and their interactions. On completion of the three-year diploma, students will have acquired an in-depth knowledge of general stylistic, historical and aesthetic aspects, and those concerning their own specialization. Another educational goal of the course is the acquisition of appropriate competence in the field of music IT, as well as in a second foreign language of the European Community.
Il corso offre allo studente possibilità di impiego nei seguenti ambiti:
– Maestro collaboratore e analoghe figure professionali previste nell’organico delle fondazioni lirico-sinfoniche
– Consulente musicale in vari contesti
– Collaboratore presso case discografiche ed editori musicali
– Operatore e organizzatore in ambito musicale.
The first test verifies the candidate’s piano skills and musical maturity; the second one the theoretical and basic music knowledge.
1) Performance of a at least 3 studies of different technique, among those by C. Czerny (op. 740), J. B. Cramer (60 studies), M. Clementi (Gradus ad Parnassum), I. Moscheles, F. Mendelssohn, J. C. Kessler, F. Chopin, F. Liszt, A. Scriabin, C. Debussy, S. Rachmaninoff, S. Prokofieff or studies of equivalent technical difficulty by other composers.
2) Performance of a programme (minimum duration: 15 minutes) containing:
– one Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach or another important polyphonic composition by J. S. Bach
– one Sonata movement by M. Clementi, F. J. Haydn, W. A. Mozart, L. Van Beethoven or F. Schubert
– one music piece freely chosen from the main Italian opera repertoire of the nineteenth and twentieth century, either accompanying a singer or singing the vocal part.
3) Sight reading of a short music piece chosen by the exam commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the performance at any time.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
– TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
– “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
– High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Al termine degli studi relativi al Diploma Accademico di primo livello in Direzione di coro e composizione corale, gli studenti devono aver acquisito competenze tecniche e culturali specifiche tali da consentire loro di realizzare concretamente [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards will have acquired the historical techniques and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Historical, critical and analytical disciplines of Music will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their personality [...]More info