Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Jazz Clarinet will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet this goal, students will study closely the performance techniques and repertoire that are most representative of their instrument. They will also learn to play in ensembles composed of various instruments. Aural training, memorization and specific knowledge related to the organizational, compositional and analytical concepts of music, and their interaction, will also be studied. Considerable attention will be paid to the student’s acquisition of proper emotional and postural control. Upon completion of the three-year degree, students will have attained in-depth knowledge of the general stylistic, historical and aesthetic aspects related to their specific area. In addition, they will be able to carry out improvisation and will possess adequate skills in the use of computer technology for music. The ability to use a second European Union language will also be obtained.
Il corso offre allo studente possibilità di impiego nei seguenti ambiti:
– Strumentista solista jazz e popular
– Strumentista in gruppi jazz e popular
– Strumentista in formazioni orchestrali jazz e popular
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of two musical pieces, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission among five pieces presented. Pieces may be played with a piano/guitar accompaniment or with pre-recorded accompaniment and shall be selected among the following list: • All the Things You Are • Autumn Leaves • Billie’s Bounce • Blue Bossa • Blue Monk • Birk’s Works • I Mean You • Lady Bird • My Funny Valentine • Satin Doll • Scrapple From The Apple • Solar • So What • Stella by Starlight • Straight No Chaser • Take the “A” Train • Tenor Madness • Well You Needn’t • What Is This Thing Called Love?
The candidate shall be able to perform on the aforementioned pieces a simple theme interpretation and a modal improvisation on the chords.
2) Performance and improvisation on a Standard chosen by the candidate and improvisation on a chord or on a scale chosen by the commision.
3) Sight-reading of a short piece from Lennie Niehaus’s method, Jazz conceptions for saxophone, Vol. 2-Intermediate.
4) Performance of two major and minor scales, one chosen by the candidate and one by the commission, on all the instrument range.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
– TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
– “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
– High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Test 2 (Piano practice)
A basic knowledge of the piano is also requested. It will be verified by the performance of an easy chord progression or the performance of a blues theme or similar, played with right hand while playing an easy accompaniment with left hand.
Al termine degli studi relativi al Diploma Accademico di primo livello in Direzione di coro e composizione corale, gli studenti devono aver acquisito competenze tecniche e culturali specifiche tali da consentire loro di realizzare concretamente [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards will have acquired the historical techniques and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Historical, critical and analytical disciplines of Music will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their personality [...]More info