Students completing required courses for the second level Academic Diploma in Electric Bass will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet this goal, students will study closely the performance techniques and repertoire that are most representative of their instrument. They will also learn to play in ensembles composed of various instruments. Aural training, memorization and specific knowledge related to the organizational, compositional and analytical concepts of music, and their interaction, will also be studied. Considerable attention will be paid to the student’s acquisition of proper emotional and postural control. Upon completion of the two-year degree, students will have attained in-depth knowledge of the general stylistic, historical and aesthetic aspects related to their specific area. In addition, they will be able to carry out improvisation and will possess adequate skills in the use of computer technology for music. The ability to use a second European Union language will also be obtained.
Il diploma accademico di secondo livello in musica jazz fornisce competenze che consentono allo studente di svolgere attività nei seguenti campi occupazionali:
– Concertista in tutti gli organici jazz
– Operatore musicale
– Consulente artistico di Enti pubblici
– Responsabile artistico
– Consulente musicale nell’editoria specializzata
Instrument technique test:
1) Knowledge of modes built on major scale.
2) Knowledge of melodic and harmonic minor scale.
3) Knowledge of dimineshed and whole tone scale.
4) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending and descending mode on every chord type
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1) The candidate should perform two music pieces with one or more accompanist or with a pre-recorder accompaniment. Performance shall include theme exposition, 2 and 4 beats accompaniment and one solo. English chords notation’s knowledge is requested.
One piece chosen by the candidate and one by commission among five presented by the candidate from the following: All the things you are (J. Kern – O. Hammerstein) – Anthropology (C. Parker) – Body and soul (J. Green) – Confirmation (C. Parker) – Donna Lee (C. Parker) – How deep is the ocean – How you met Miss Jones – Joy spring (C. Brown) – I mean you (T. Monk) – Invitation (Kaper-Washington) – Tricotism (O. Pettiford) – Very early (B. Evans) – Well you needn’t (T. Monk).
2) Sight-reading of a muisc piece. Performance shall include melody reading, chord interpretations (the candidate should build and play walking bass lines) and one solo.
3) Performance of walking bass lines on blues jazz harmonic progression and of rhythm change up tempo (at leat 160 bpm).
4) Sight-reading of walking bass lines.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
Students completing required courses for the second level Academic Diploma in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards will have acquired the historical techniques and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the second level Academic Diploma in Wind Orchestra Instrumentation will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet this [...]More info