Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Double bass will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet this goal, students will study closely the performance techniques and repertoire that are most representative of their instrument. They will also learn to play in ensembles composed of various instruments. Aural training, memorization and specific knowledge related to the organizational, compositional and analytical concepts of music, and their interaction, will also be studied. Considerable attention will be paid to the student’s acquisition of proper emotional and postural control. Upon completion of the three-year degree, students will have attained in-depth knowledge of the general stylistic, historical and aesthetic aspects related to their specific area. In addition, they will be able to carry out improvisation and will possess adequate skills in the use of computer technology for music. The ability to use a second European Union language will also be obtained.
The course offers students career openings in the following fields:
– solo musician
– chamber ensemble musician
– chamber orchestra musician
– symphonic orchestra musician
– musical theater orchestra musician
Test 1 checks instrument skills and candidate’s music experience. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Performance of at least etudes chosen by the candidate among:
a. I. Billè volume 5: Studio 6 in Mi minore; Studio n. 10 in Si minore
b. F. Simandl volume 2: Studio 1 in Mi bemolle maggiore; Studio 6 in Fa diesis minore; Studio 9 in Sol minore
2) Performance of at least one movement from Concerto in Sol maggiore by D. Dragonetti:
a. allegro moderato
c. allegro giusto
3) Scales and arpeggios on 3 octaves.
4) Sight-reading of a short piece chosen by the commission.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
– TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
– “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
– High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Al termine degli studi relativi al Diploma Accademico di primo livello in Direzione di coro e composizione corale, gli studenti devono aver acquisito competenze tecniche e culturali specifiche tali da consentire loro di realizzare concretamente [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards will have acquired the historical techniques and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Historical, critical and analytical disciplines of Music will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their personality [...]More info