Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Composition, specialising in musicology
will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their personality in research. To meet this goal, students will study closely the main compositional techniques and idioms that are most representative of various historical periods, and specific professional expertise in history and historiography, analysis, and philology of music, while developing abilities in inquiry and critical thought in connection with various models of music history and analysis and their evolution. Upon completion of the three-year degree, students will have attained in-depth knowledge of music history, librarianship, analysis and musical dramaturgy In addition, they will will possess adequate skills in the use of computer technology for music and the ability to use a second European Union language.
The course offers students career openings in the following fields:
– consultancy work at public and private bodies
– history of music teaching
– critical transcriptions and editions
– music criticism
Test 1 checks candidate’s skills in the context of composition and/or conducting. Test 2 verifies theory and musical culture knowledge.
1) Basic skills verification: history of music fundamentals.
2) Assessment of the curriculum vitae send during the entrance exam registration.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
1) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the treble clef. Difficulty level: complex rhythmics appropriate to the instrumental or vocal repertoire up until the 1900s.
2) Sight-reading solfège, with syllables, on the seven clefs. Medium difficulty
3) Sight-singing of a melodic solfège. Short modulations and transposition (one note up or down).
4) Music dictation of a short melody with accidentals.
5) General music theory questions.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
– TRPM (Theory, rhythmic, music perception) final certification of pre-college courses (Propedeutico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
– TRPM level A certification of preparatory courses (Preaccademico) issued by one of Conservatorio Rossini’s certified partner schools;
– “Licenza di Solfeggio” (instrument specialization) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
– High school diploma issued by any Liceo Musicale recognized by Conservatorio Rossini. The exemption will be given for diplomas issued from a.a. 2020/2021 on to candidates that had passed an exam with a commission appointed by the Liceo and completed by Conservatorio Rossini’s Director or one of his/her delegates.
Al termine degli studi relativi al Diploma Accademico di primo livello in Direzione di coro e composizione corale, gli studenti devono aver acquisito competenze tecniche e culturali specifiche tali da consentire loro di realizzare concretamente [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Harpsichord and Historical Keyboards will have acquired the historical techniques and specific competences that will allow them to express their interpretative personality. To meet [...]More info
Students completing required courses for the first level Academic Diploma in Historical, critical and analytical disciplines of Music will have acquired the technical ability and specific competences that will allow them to express their personality [...]More info