The Conservatorio Rossini has a sizable percentage of foreign students, coming from many countries (mostly the EU, eastern Europe and Asia). The atmosphere here is very welcoming — if you are sociable and willing to learn, you will feel at home after just a few weeks.
Foreign students basically have three options:
- Regular admission
- for UE* nationals: you need to apply online on our site. The procedure is detailed here. Application period is late spring – early summer.
- for other countries: you must apply through the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Please refer to them for further information.
- Erasmus+ (partner countries only)
Erasmus+ is an exchange program between academic institutions in the EU. Exchange periods vary from 3 to 9 months. For further information please see the other items in the International menu on our website.
- Other partnerships and exchange programs
These programs usually involve non-UE countries. They may be managed either by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (through Embassies and Consulates) or directly by the Conservatorio, and may vary from year to year. For further information you can contact us at email@example.com
A note on language skills
Although most of our faculty can speak basic English and/or other languages, all classes are given in Italian. Therefore, whatever the formal certification you might already have, to attend the Conservatorio you will need:
- a good working knowledge of spoken Italian, and
- willingness and ability to improve your language skills.
Past experience shows that failing to meet these requisites will severely jeopardize your learning process, leading to very low marks in most exams or, more often, not being able to pass them at all.
(*) In this context, the following countries are considered to be part of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal , Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican (Holy See), United Kingdom.