II Level Diploma JAZZ TROMBONE
Instrument technique test:
1) Performance of one etude of medium-difficulty level regarding jazz language, chosen by the commission among five presented by the candidate.
2) Performance of a transcription, published or composed by the candidate
3) Perfomance of modal scales (major and minor) and related arpeggios.
4) The candidate should prove its knowledge about main simmethric scales on the instrument (diminished, whole tone and augmented) and its use on harmonic progressions chosen by the commission.
5) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending, descending and broken mode.
6) Performance of 4 or more parts arpeggios, chosen by the commission, on main chords species, including extensions.
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1) Sight-reading and improvisation on a jazz music piece chosen by the commission (standards and originals) and on one chosen by the candidate.
2) Performance of a medium-difficulty solo transcription, published or composed by the candidate.
Music pieces list: A child is born (T. Jones) – Four (M. Davis) – Groovin’ High (D. Gillespie) – Oleo (S. Rollins) – A night in Tunisia (D. Gillespie) – Softly As A Morning Sunrise (Hamerstein – Romberg) – Fee fi fo fum (Shorter) – Black narcissuss (Henderson) – Well you needn’t (Monk) – Joy Spring (C. Brown) – piece chosen by the candidate.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.