II Level Diploma WIND ENSEMBLE ARRANGEMENT
Through an interview the candidate should prove its knowledge of wind instruments’ repertoire (chamber music, orchestra and marching band). In particular, related to the different music styles and historical ages main features.
Possible marching band previous experience should be assessed and, specifically, candidate’s knowledge over marching band’s original repertoire from last century.
By several tests it will be essential to prove the following skills:
a) conducting gestures expression skills.
b) identification skills – by simple listening – about orchestra timbres, harmonic and melodic structure, styles.
c) score reading skills on the piano, with analytical purpose, of piano and chamber music compositions from various historical ages.
It should be assessed possible music pieces and band transcriptions previously composed by the candidate.
PIANO TEST OF SCORE READING
1) Performance on the piano of a Prelude and Fugue from Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach.
2) Performance on the piano of a Sonata by Beethoven (except opus 49) or by Schubert.
3) Sight-reading on the piano of a short four-voice polyphonic piece, written in soprano, alto, tenor and bass clefs.
4) Performance on the piano of a short piece for voice and piano, chosen from the eighteenth- and nineteenth-century repertoire, while singing the voice part. For this test the candidate will have a reserved room at disposal for 30 minutes before the performance.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- Score reading final certification (third-year) of I level diploma courses (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- “Licenza di Lettura della partitura” (seventh-year or higher) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution.
Pianist candidates awarded with one of the followings shall perform only test 3) and 4):
- “Compimento medio di Pianoforte” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- Piano I level diploma (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini.