II Level Diploma JAZZ PIANO
Instrument technique test:
1) Knowledge of the modes built on major and minor scales and related arpeggios.
2) The candidate should prove its knowledge about main simmethric scales on the instrument (diminished, whole tone and augmented).
3) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending, descending and broken mode.
4) Performance of 4 or more parts arpeggios, chosen by the commission, on main chords species, including extensions.
5) Performance of a rhythmic accompaniment on an harmonic progression chosen by the commission.
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1) Sight-reading of a music piece with melody and harmonizing chords.
2) Performance of a piano solo piece chosen by the candidate.
3) Performance of two music pieces chosen by the candidate, from jazz instrumental repertoire and/or from Standard repertoire, in trio (or with pre-recorded accompaniment) or in piano solo.
4) Performance of two music pieces in trio (or with pre-recorded accompaniment), chosen by the candidate among the following: Donna Lee (C. Parker) – Confirmation (C. Parker) – Evidence (T. Monk) – Conception (G. Shearing) – Bouncin’ With Bud (B. Powell) – Four (M. Davis) – I Love You (C. Porter) – Anthropology (C. Parker) – Blues On The Corner (M. Tyner) – Ask Me Now (T. Monk) – Inner Urge (J. Henderson) – Moment’s Notice (J. Coltrane) – Lennie’s Pennies (L. Tristano) – In Your Own Sweet Way (D. Brubeck) – Here’s That Rainy Day (J. Van Heusen-J. Burke)
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
STUDY PLAN II LEVEL JAZZ PIANO
STUDY PLAN II LEVEL JAZZ PIANO enrolled from a.a. 2021/22