II Level Diploma ORCHESTRA CONDUCTING
1) Orchestra performance and conducting of one simphony chosen by the candidate among the following:
– Beethoven – Simphony n. 5 in C minor op. 67.
– Brahms – Simphony n. 1 in C minor op. 68.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
N.B. candidate WITHOUT an Orchestra conducting degree (Bachelor or vecchio ordinamento) neither a Composition degree (bachelor) nor a Composition Compimento medio examination (vecchio ordinamento 7° grade) should undergo the following tests:
a. Seclusion written examination (max 10 hours): 4-parts harmonization of imitational bass chosen by the commission.
b. Oral examination concerning harmonic and form analysis of a music piece from 1700s-1800s repertoire.
PIANO TEST OF SCORE READING
1) Performance on the piano of a Prelude and Fugue from Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach.
2) Performance on the piano of a Sonata by Beethoven (except opus 49) or by Schubert.
3) Sight-reading on the piano of a short four-voice polyphonic piece, written in soprano, alto, tenor and bass clefs.
4) Performance on the piano of a short piece for voice and piano, chosen from the eighteenth- and nineteenth-century repertoire, while singing the voice part. For this test the candidate will have a reserved room at disposal for 30 minutes before the performance.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- Score reading final certification (third-year) of I level diploma courses (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- “Licenza di Lettura della partitura” (seventh-year or higher) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution.
Pianist candidates awarded with one of the followings shall perform only test 3) and 4):
- “Compimento medio di Pianoforte” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- Piano I level diploma (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini.
STUDY PLAN II LEVEL ORCHESTRA CONDUCTING enrolled from a.a. 2021/22