II Level Diploma CHOIR CONDUCTING and COMPOSITION
1) Composition of a brief music piece for choir, in a free form too, at 3 or 4 voices, on a music theme chosen among multiple choices given by the commission: max. 8 hours.
2) Composition of a brief solfégé for voice and piano accompaniment, on a given music theme: max. 8 hours.
3) Performance and conducting of a 4-voices easy piece. 1 hour available for candidate studying and 30 minutes performance.
4) Sight-singing of a medium-level difficulty music piece.
5) Interview about choir music repertoires, diffent styles and choir conductor role.
NB: Candidate graduated in Choir Music and Choir Conducting degree (bachelor or vecchio ordinamento) or in Composition degree (bachelor) or with a Composition Compimento medio examination (vecchio ordinamento 7° grade) is exempted from tests 1) and 2).
PIANO TEST OF SCORE READING
1) Performance on the piano of a Prelude and Fugue from Well-Tempered Clavier by J. S. Bach.
2) Performance on the piano of a Sonata by Beethoven (except opus 49) or by Schubert.
3) Sight-reading on the piano of a short four-voice polyphonic piece, written in soprano, alto, tenor and bass clefs.
4) Performance on the piano of a short piece for voice and piano, chosen from the eighteenth- and nineteenth-century repertoire, while singing the voice part. For this test the candidate will have a reserved room at disposal for 30 minutes before the performance.
N.B. candidates will be exempted from the latter test if awarderd with one of the following:
- Score reading final certification (third-year) of I level diploma courses (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini;
- “Licenza di Lettura della partitura” (seventh-year or higher) certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution.
Pianist candidates awarded with one of the followings shall perform only test 3) and 4):
- “Compimento medio di Pianoforte” certification of old-degree system (vecchio ordinamento) issued by any Italian recognized Institution;
- Piano I level diploma (Triennio) issued by Conservatorio Rossini.