II Level Diploma MUSIC EDUCATION specialism MUSIC INSTRUMENT
ELECTIVE INSTRUMENT SKILLS
– Performance of a music program chosen by the candidate of difficulty level equal to the Conservatorio Rossini Master course’s entrance exam of the elective instrument (10 minutes maximum);
– Sight-reading of an easy music piece.
NB Students that fails this part of the test shall not pass to next ones.
1) Sight-transcription of a brief melody.
2) Identification of a brief piano harmony.
PERCEPTIVE, VOCAL AND CHOIR CONDUCTING SKILLS*
Oral and practical examination about:
– vocal range knowledge;
– sight-reading of a choir piece extract;
– choir conducting skills.
THEORETICAL-ANALYTICAL MUSIC KNOWLEDGE
– Oral and practical examination about fundamentals of music theory, harmony, and analysis of composition forms (I cycle diploma graduate level).
– oral examination of historical-musicology fundamentals (styles and historical periods identification; knowledge of music forms and intended use from the Middle Ages on).
– sight-reading accompaniment of a brief music piece with Italian and English root/quality chords symbols (Do, Sol7, La min/Mi etc.; C, G7, Am/E etc.) or sight-reading of a brief music piece on two staves.