II Level Diploma JAZZ GUITAR
Instrument technique test:
1) Performance of the full etude n. 1 from Warm Up Etudes by Pat Metheny.
2) Harmonic knowledge over Shell Voicings, Drop 2 e Drop 3.
3) Harmonization skills on a sight-reading melody line and use of it on any jazz standard or original.
4) Knowledge of modes built on major scale.
5) Blues jazz knowledge and demonstration of harmonic structures and reharmonization solutions.
6) Knowledge of melodic and harmonic minor scale, and related modes and harmonic progressions.
7) Performance of dimineshed and whole tone scale.
8) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending, descending and broken mode. Related to the harmonization of the aforementioned scales.
9) Improvisation performance on classical, modern and advanced jazz structures.
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1. Sight-reading and improvisation on a jazz music piece among the following list, chosen by the commission (standard and originals), and on one chosen by the candidate.
2. Performance of a medium-difficulty solo transcription, published or composed by the candidate.
Music pieces list: West Coast Blues (W. Montgomery) – Have You Met Miss Jones (Rodgers & Hart) – Body and Soul (E. Heyman – R.Sour – F. Eyton – J. Green) – Inner Urge (J. Henderson) – Lazy Bird (J. Coltrane) – Round Midnight (T. Monk) – Donna Lee (C. Parker) – Confirmation (C. Parker) – Relaxin’ At Camarillo (C. Parker) – Walz New (J. Hall) – Joy Spring (C. Brown) – All The Things You Are (J. Kern – O.Hammerstein) – piece chosen by the candidate.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.