II Level Diploma JAZZ SINGING
Instrument technique test:
1) Performance of one etude, chosen by the commission, from the Melodic Structures by Jerry Bergonzi and Scat! Vocal Improvisation Techniques by Bob Stoloff. As an alternative performance of a transcription, published or composed by the candidate.
2) Perfomance of modal scales (major and minor) and related arpeggios.
3) The candidate should prove its knowledge about main simmethric scales on the instrument (diminished, whole tone and augmented) and its use on harmonic progressions chosen by the commission.
4) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending, descending and broken mode.
5) Performance of 4 or more parts arpeggios, chosen by the commission, on main chords species, including extensions.
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1) Sight-reading and improvisation on a jazz music piece chosen by the commission (standards and originals) and on one chosen by the candidate.
2) Performance of a medium-difficulty solo transcription, published or composed by the candidate.
Music pieces list: Letter to Evan (B. Evans) – Lush Life (B. Strayhorn) – Naima (J. Coltrane/J. Hendricks) – Weird nightmare (C. Mingus) – Eclipse (C. Mingus) – Nefertiti (M. Davis) – Heaven (D. Ellington) – Walts for debby (B. Evans) – Confirmation (C. Parker) – Scrapple from the apple (C. Parker) – piece chosen by the candidate.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.
STUDY PLAN II LEVEL JAZZ SINGING enrolled from a.a. 2021/22