II Level Diploma ELECTRIC BASS
Instrument technique test:
1) Knowledge of modes built on major scale.
2) Knowledge of melodic and harmonic minor scale.
3) Knowledge of dimineshed and whole tone scale.
4) Performance of 4 parts diatonic arpeggios on ascending and descending mode on every chord type
Improvisation and sight-reading test:
1) The candidate should perform two music pieces with one or more accompanist or with a pre-recorder accompaniment. Performance shall include theme exposition, 2 and 4 beats accompaniment and one solo. English chords notation’s knowledge is requested.
One piece chosen by the candidate and one by commission among five presented by the candidate from the following: All the things you are (J. Kern – O. Hammerstein) – Anthropology (C. Parker) – Body and soul (J. Green) – Confirmation (C. Parker) – Donna Lee (C. Parker) – How deep is the ocean – How you met Miss Jones – Joy spring (C. Brown) – I mean you (T. Monk) – Invitation (Kaper-Washington) – Tricotism (O. Pettiford) – Very early (B. Evans) – Well you needn’t (T. Monk).
2) Sight-reading of a muisc piece. Performance shall include melody reading, chord interpretations (the candidate should build and play walking bass lines) and one solo.
3) Performance of walking bass lines on blues jazz harmonic progression and of rhythm change up tempo (at leat 160 bpm).
4) Sight-reading of walking bass lines.
The commission reserves the right to interrupt the audition at any moment.